Do you know the difference between
contested divorce and uncontested divorce?
- Tends to be much cheaper
- Tends to be much quicker
- Can help the parties to retain the greatest amount of control over their lives and assets
- Can help keep private family matters private
How can an Attorney Help?
- Knows the law and can even the playing field
- Can do all of the speaking with the other side so you don't have to
- Knows how the law will likely decide things and has experience negotiating, meaning:
- Can make sure you get what is fair
- Can ensure that you are not taken advantage of
- Helps you to anticipate what will be needed going forward
- Understands what is most often missed by people/couples seeking a divorce without counsel
- Might be able to help turn a contested divorce into an uncontested divorce therefore saving time and money
What to Consider When Thinking about Alimony and Spousal Support
- What is fair?
- What about lost economic opportunity?
- Health insurance?
- The best way to handle the marital home and other real estate?
- Vehicles or property in the other spouse's name?
- Family heirlooms or inherited assets?
- Investments, bank accounts, retirement funds and pensions?
CONSIDERING DIVORCE OR LEGAL SEPARATION?
The transmission of an e-mail, phone call, or text request for information does not create an attorney-client relationship and you should not send to me, via e-mail or text, any time-sensitive information relating to your legal problem or question. For time-sensitive material, please call.